Mise-en-scene learner response

Mise-en-scene: Learner Response 

Teachers feedback:

WWW: 

  • Appropriate setting 
  • Body language, setting +movements 
  • Casual clothing 
  • Use of props 
EBI:
  • Script and shotlist 
  • Camera focus 
  • Teachers clothing (suit) 
Student Feedback:
WWW:
  • True to original 
  • Setting
  • Dialogue accurate 
  • Similar actor placement 
  • Good use of groups 
  • Correct lines
  • Lightning 
  • Body language 
  • Props 
  • Accurate Cuts 
EBI:
  • Consistent Volume 
  • Clothing 
  • Sound 
  • More props 
  • Expressions 
  • Hair and Makeup
  • Get male actors
  • In-focus shots 
Own self assessment:
I think for me I could have worked more on the showing facial expression when filming as I broke character a couple of times when filming. Something that went well is the filming and editing of the video and we managed to film up to 30 seconds.

I think my planning helped me clarify what I needed to do and the script made me realise my lines and what to say when filming our video.
I think for future videos I can improve my video my checking and audio levels and tuning them to fit the actual film or cancel our any background noise, only focusing on the character filming. when filming I think I can use the tripod to keep the filming straight when filming and I need to really focus the camera on bit and not lose the focus when changing shots.

I think when doing this task I have learnt a bit out media since I've never done this subject. I got to find out how planning shortlists and scripts work in media. I think mine-en-scene has helped me realise how filming works and what key things you need to include when filming as the small details matter in the short film and a lot can be give away from the small details. I think CLAMPS is also very useful as every film need to include this and they are very important when it comes to filming. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blinded By The Light: case study blog task

Film regulation and the BBFC - blog tasks

The British Film Industry